You are invited to the 44th Annual Federal Practice Seminar, to be held on May 24, 2018, at Windows on Minnesota on the 50th floor of the IDS Center.
Thursday, May 24, 2018
8:00 AM to 6:00 PM CDT
Add to Calendar
Windows on Minnesota
80 South 8th St.
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Christian Picciolini, co-founder of Life After Hate, will be our Mason Memorial Lunch Speaker. Mr. Picciolini will recount his remarkable journey from life as a neo-nazi skinhead to a new mission fighting hatred and bigotry. Watch his recent appearance on 60 Minutes, click here.
The innovative plan for the rest of the seminar is equally exciting. Outstanding presenters--which include judges and experts in a variety of fields--will speak on topics spanning federal civil and criminal practice today. In addition to opportunities to network with friends and colleagues, the seminar will feature dynamic speakers on such topics as:
- Cutting-edge legal issues in cell phone forensics, cryptocurrencies, and email tracking, taught in engaging "Pop-Up Talks" throughout the day;
- Practical sessions on honing your jury trial and settlement skills;
- Break-out segments about arbitration, visual advocacy in litigation, and the frontier of surveillance and privacy in criminal law;
- The rising tide of hate crime in the U.S.; and
- The annual Supreme Court Review.
See the detailed agenda here. Numerous CLE credits will be applied for, including elimination of bias credits.
Windows on Minnesota in the IDS Center is a convenient and exciting venue. The day will begin with a continental breakfast and end with a reception. Please join us.
To register, please click the link below. If you have any questions about the event or need reasonable accommodations to participate, please contact Joel Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about registration, please contact Morgan Shannon at 612-843-5839 email@example.com.
FBA Membership is not required.
We look forward to seeing all of you on May 24!
Hon. Kate Menendez and Joel Schroeder
Co-Vice Presidents, Legal Education