Join us for a candid discussion about the current state of attorney wellness on Monday, January 13, 2020.
1:00 – 1:05 pm - Welcome – MSBA, HCBA, & RCBA Presidents
- Jeff Baill, Yost & Baill LLP
- Sarah McEllistrem, Collins, Buckley, Sauntry & Haugh PLLP
- Tom Nelson, Stinson LLP
1:05 – 1:15 pm - Introduction – Justice David Lillehaug, Minnesota Supreme Court
1:15 – 2:00 pm - Panel Discussion – Inherent stressors in the practice of law and their negative impact
- Joshua Bobich, Ballard Spahr
- Patty Beck, Minnesota Lawyers Mutual Insurance Co.
- Matthew Foli, Guaranty Commercial Title Inc.
Moderator: Shelley Carthen Watson, University of Minnesota Office of the General Counsel
2:00 – 2:25 pm - Keynote – Speaking Out to End the Stigma of Mental Illness - Judge Donovan Frank, US District Court
2:25 – 2:40 pm - Break
2:40 – 3:30 pm - Three ED Talks, followed by Q&A
- ABCs of Wellness – Joan Bibelhausen, Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers
- Neuroscience of Wellness – Robin Wolpert, Sapientia Law Group, PLLC
- Lawyer Competence and Ethics – Susan Humiston, Office of Lawyers Professional Responsibility
3:30 – 4:00 pm - Meditation – Mike Millios, Millios Law
4:00 – 5:00 pm - Reception
CLE Credit: 2.0 Standard CLE Credit Applied for | Event Code: 282853
- Regular Attorney Rate: $20.00
- Public Attorney Rate: $10.00 (please call Jennifer Carter at 612-278-6309 to take advantage of this rate)
- Law Student Rate: Free
Deadline to register: January 9, 2020.