AAJC, a national affiliation of organizations advocating for the civil and human rights of Asian Americans, has partnered with Hollaback! for virtual workshops on bystander intervention. Unfortunately, incidents of anti-Asian and anti-Asian American and xenophobic harassment continue to be seen across the country during this COVID-19 pandemic. AAJC and Hollaback! together have trained 15,000 allies ready to take action and to be bystanders in action when they see hate. Below are the upcoming trainings through the end of the year:
- Bystander Intervention to Stop Anti-Asian/American Harassment
- September 8, 2020 at 12:00 pm CST
- September 22, 2020 at 6:00 pm CST
- Bystander Intervention 2.0: Conflict De-Escalation
- September 30, 2020 at 6:00 pm CST
- How to Respond to Harassment for People Experiencing Anti-Asian/American Harassment
- September 30, 2020 at 3:00 pm CST
- October 14, 2020 at 3:00 pm CST
- November 4, 2020 at 3:00 pm CST
- December 2, 2020 at 3:00 pm CST
For more information on the individual trainings and to register, please click here.
If you witness or experience hate, please consider reporting to StandAgainstHatred.org. Additional resources are available on AAJC’s COVID-19 page.