The Diversity Committee of the Federal Bar Association (FBA) Minnesota Chapter, along with the Minnesota Association of Black Lawyers and the Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association are pleased to host a two-hour CLE event on the topic of voter suppression and the impact of COVID-19 on voting rights for the 2020 State and National elections.
The presenters will discuss both historical and current issues surrounding the topic. Topics include:
- A historical context regarding voter suppression, addressing issues of disenfranchisement and myth(s) about voter fraud;
- The Voting Rights Act in general and how it manifests itself in Minnesota;
- Voter suppression in Minnesota;
- How grassroots and other organizations support people who feel there is a disconnect between registering to vote and the importance of staying engaged to hold leaders accountable;
- Voting from home;
- Serving as a voting judge; and
- Litigation around the country amid COVID-19 and mail-in voting.
For more information on this CLE and to register, please click here.